Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

    LINK


    I personally wish they would have done this years ago all across the country.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Hutchinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

    Likewise. I'm big against smoke, and having a huge puff in the face from parents isn't better.
    Where's your God now?
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
    "I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]

    [img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]


  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

    My sister and I would always travel 2-3 times a year to the midwest for vacation when we were growing up and both parents chain smoked all 14 hours of the trip so I got to the point where I can't stand it. Neither my sister or I took up smoking.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

    I'm with you guys.
    My parents' chain smoking caused medical problems for me that I carry to this day. It wasn't until I was 18 years old that my doctor looked at my mom and said "you have got to stop smoking around her."
    Wish someone had said that sooner - that one line was all it took for them to stop smoking around me (in cars or even our own house - they built a smoking room).

    I will do everything I can to remove myself from cigarette smoke.
    But growing up in a smokers household I didn't have the option to get away from it.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

    I second hand smoke a pack a day.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

    Just another infringement on personal freedom...some folks may applaud it...but they won't be applauding when the gov. tries to institute laws that govern all aspects of private life...and they will eventually. Everyone in my family smokes and anywhere I went growing up, my folks smoked. Now I smoke and my sis doesn't...so, I don't think it has any influence on wheter a kid eventually smokes or not. IMO the preservatives in our food, and they way we prepare our foods will kill a person as quickly as nicotine and second hand smoke.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Hutchinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

    Just like every argument, there is always two sides that can sound good. I agree with what Beast is saying, people have a COMPLETE right at what they choose. He chose to smoke, whilst his sister did not. They had their own choices, and their opinions were not effected by something their parents did. But at the same time, there are people who totally oppose smoke, and don't want it around them. Second hand smoke can cause damage, and should only be risked towards those that smoke. Almost two different subjects...but nothing is completely safe anymore. Breathing air will kill you, let alone smoke.
    Where's your God now?
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
    "I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]

    [img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]


  8. #8
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

    The Communists are Coming!!!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just another infringement on personal freedom...some folks may applaud it...but they won't be applauding when the gov. tries to institute laws that govern all aspects of private life...and they will eventually. </div></div>

    I have to agree with you on that one sup-rbeast, although this one doesn't bother me because I am not a smoker, I am sure I will get pissed at another one that directly affects me.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cali bans smoking in car with minors.....

    PC and Donna Shalala ring any bells?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •